I thought I was a man, I only was a muffin

It was this or mumble on streetcorners..

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fox news replaces my dreams

I can't sleep so I'm sitting watching Fox news; I like it. I particularly like that Bill O'Reily, his views are simple and easy to swallow unlike those damn liberals. If I were to stop thinking and not read he'ld be a good one to copy. He said something I agreed with the other day, along the lines that a proposed registry for ex-sex-offenders would do nothing. The most fascinating thing about their news is the new expressions they cling onto, border disorder and sex-predator; the last one made me think of arnie/predator slash-fiction. ( I just googled predator slash fiction for you people and found a man complaining he was #1, more worrying the blog is called "owlish mutterings") Anyway, it's compulsive viewing. For a good game guess the time for first mention of "world war II" or "fascist" or "far-left radicals".
Regardless of your view on the war in Iraq, most were silenced by the "support our troops" movement. As with all things its bigger in America, I chuckled at this.
I had more things to say....
Desperate Housewives is lazy writing
Lost is pretty good, YAY Daniel dae Kim!
Found out there is a Manning famiy motto: "To be, rather than to seem to be"
Makes me think I could do better.

I'll leave you with a small thought, what if P K Dick was right?

4 Muffins:

At 1:35 pm, Blogger Oskar said...

About what? Everything?

The more worrying question is: what if the Hokey-Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Given that DH is essentially just an update of 50's women's dramas a la douglas sirk, I think the believability or not of the storylines is largely irrelevant, it is intended to be involving television while including clear elements of domesticity, it's not documentary film, Manuel!

I have been enjoying DDK in lost, I hope he eats the dog, that would make me laugh. What do you think aboput locke? Is he really a colonoel or just a mentalist? Right now, I'm not sure, but he certainly reminds me of myself.

How did you manage to get FOX news? Are you on sky or something? If so, does that mean you have Al-Jazeera?

Keep on trucking,
The T

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger manuel said...

Mostly his last few books, he thought we were stuck in AD 55 and all time afterward was an illusion. VALIS, was a giant purple blob in space sending thoughts into our heads.

It's not the believabilty I have problems with, the situations arnt funny. If it was straight soap opera it'ld be nicely dismissable but too many people have said its great tv. The narration annoys me, tv hasnt progressed from the wonder years "That's when (name) realised...."

Terry wogan keeps saying those two are japs, which amuses me. As crash said "theyre korean, a completely different sort of chink". If you've been watching E4 Mr Avery you should be thinking the same was as I am about locke.

I havent looked for Al-Jazeera but fox news keeps banging on about cindy sheenan playing into the hands of the enemy. Just gets tiresome after the 50th time.

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Oskar said...

And I stand by that assertion!

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Oskar said...

well its about time since he has the aids IRL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home